Thursday, May 29, 2008

The deed is done!

Well, its all over but the waiting. This morning we went to the clinic and transferred our babies! We met with the embryologist, who is very nice. She rattled of tons of info about our embryos, and suggested that we transfer 2 Grade 1 Morulas. She said that they looked very good. So overall, we had 26 eggs, 22 fertilized, 5 frozen, and only 2 were grade 1 morulas on the 4th day. I was really surprised that that was all we had left. She said that there were around 8 that were 12 cell (which day 4 numbers are supposed to be between 10-30 cells). The 2 best ones were already compacting (over 32 cells, very good for 4 days embryos). We decided to transfer the best two, but after we left the room, I was still very uneasy about the decision. I haven't been uneasy about any other decision we have made on this trip. We had decided last night that if we had the 4 day transfer, we would do 3 as they are underdeveloped...and only 2 if we had a 5-6 day transfer. Well, when she said we only had 2 great ones, we decided to transfer today (what if they hadn't made it to day 5 or 6). When we were in the transfer room, we decided last minute to transfer 3 instead. I feel really good about it. Now, if we end up like Jon & Kate Plus 8...my good feeling may change to panic. But, chances of that are highly unlikely. So, back to the room. We were in the same waiting room (in a bed) with Cori and Heath...so we had great moral support! Cori went first and was back in about 10-15 minutes...and she said it did not hurt. So, I went in and the position that you have to get into was very uncomfortable for my legs (I am not flexible at ALL! You lay edge of the bed with your heels touching your butt. They showed us the embryos on the screen and Jeremy got to take a picture of our babies! Then, they put in the catheter (no biggie) and the embryologist puts the embryos in a syringe and then in the catheter. She checks under the microscope afterwards to make sure they are not left in there. Overall, it was really easy and not painful. The most uncomfortable part was my legs cramping up. Then, we just rested in our cheerful room, paid, got our protocol and left. Now I am laying in the bed and trying to relax. Only 14 days until we know!!!

6 comments:

Corey and Allison said...

Yeah!!-- I am so glad that everything went well and that you and Jeremy feel great about everything. Jeremy took the first pics of the babies-- how cute. If you are Jon and Kate plus 8, can I be on your show and will you name one of your 8 kids after me? Mom is very excited and can't stop talking about your whole process-- Grandmazilla in the making-- J/K. Anyways, glad that everything is done and let the 14 day countdown begin!
--Corey & Allison

Anna & John said...

Awe, this was my favorite blog yet! You and Jeremy better get busy thinking of 6 baby names that you like. And you can't steal any of the ones that John and I have chosen! :) So, what will you do the rest of your vacation? Are you just gonna rest and take it easy? I would! You don't want to do anything to disturb the babies! I am praying like 25 times a day that this will be successful for yall! I am so glad that this has gone so great so far! Can't wait til June 13th! Have you set up a doctors appointment? Love you.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's over!!! I mean begun!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! Congratulations. I am so glad to hear you did 3! I was on the edge of my seat reading your post! So when i finally read the part about going for 3 I was so relieved. I can't believe it's almost been 21 days. I wish you could come over again before you go. Hopefully we'll see you in the States in November. I'm so glad you did this blog, it's one of the things I look forward to everyday! Don't stop once you get back to your "real" life :)

mom & dad said...

thanks for calling at 5:20 a.m. this morning, friday. I immediately called all your sisters, who were of course panicked to get a call at that time. In the first phone call you said 2 eggs and i was really surpirsed when you called back saying 3 eggs. anyway i starting praying after i made my calls. i first thanked God for the 2 excellent eggs He brought your way. Then I prayed for the ones you were freezing. I prayed that ya'll would have peace about the decision and you would be relaxed. Then i prayed again about the transfer. Then a song came through my heart repeatedly.
praise God from whom all blessings flow; praise HIm all creatures here below; praise Him above ye heavenly host; praise father, son and holy ghost. then I was crying before i realized it, and the song kept going through my mind. These babies will be blessing from above. I am so happy for ya'll. we love you,
mom and dad

amy & josh said...

wow,what a great journey! i have prayed and continue to pray that God will bless yall with healthy baby/babies. I so happy that yall have peace about the transfer. I know we all will have our calnders marked for 14 days from today. get some rest and let jeremy pamper you!
<3-Amy & Josh

Cassie said...

I can't believe it is already done! I will be praying these next 14 days that your baby (or babies) will grow and develop healthy and strong! We will be praying for you and Jeremy too b/c I am sure it will be a long wait for you both! Keep resting and taking care of yourself!