Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally caught up!!

This blog is now live time. Monday, May 19th

Today we went back to the clinic. My ultrasound showed 8 follicles on the left side, which is good. My right side had a lot of follicles (probably over 12), so the doctor is concerned about over stimulating me. He is cutting back my medication to 175 Puregon and 75 Luvis daily. I don't really care what I have to take, as long as it works. I have not felt any symptoms, and almost every other girl has had symptoms. Oh well, I am just going to continue to do what he says, and put my trust in what God has set in front of us. It was a really rainy, cold day today. We went to the mall with Joy and Doug, the couple from Kentucky, and the lady from Alaska. It was her last day here, and we wanted to make sure that she had a good last day. We went to the malls in town. We saw the coolest strollers, hopefully we will all need them soon!! I kind of wish I was a Czech citizen, as they get 3 cycles of IVF for free!!! I can't believe that we are paying out the wazoo in the states, and they are getting it for free here. It makes me mad! We ate at Huse tonight, which was good. We really haven't had very much bad food here. The worst thing I had was at McDonalds in Zilina. The chickenburger tastes like it has sweet and sour sauce poured on it..not my favorite. I have had Mcdonalds more here than I have had in the last 10 years, and I've only had it twice!! Also, I have been reading the thread that most of us post on, and I think that the Uno has gotten a bum wrap. I really like our relaxing room, the great view and the people. We have a standup shower, and the "hard towels" are not a problem for us. We call them our "exfoliating" towels, and joke that our skin has never been softer:) We are going to Vienna tomorrow, rain or shine, with the couple from Kentucky and Joy and Doug. Should be very exciting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did it!!! I am soooo excited about your blog! Just this morning I was thinking about you, and your dr. visit yesterday, wondering how it went and wanting to know how to pray for you. Then I saw your skype note, and went to your blog! You have written it beautifully and with great detail. I know it was a lot of work. I hope you enjoy writing it as much as I enjoy reading it! I can't wait to read about the Vienna trip! Have fun!

Unknown said...

I totally hear you about McDonalds! We have eaten way more McDonalds here in Europe than we ever have in the US! In fact when we now go back to America we make a pact: no McDonalds the whole time in US!