Monday, May 26, 2008

Egg retrieval is over!!

Well, this morning I woke up feeling like I needed to lay these eggs!! Jeremy and I went to the clinic to the 3rd floor (never been there before), and I got changed. I waited in this super cheery room with 2 other women (who did not speak English). It was really uncomfortable to sit on the bed, so I kept on changing positions about 100 times. I didn't know if I should lay down, because the other women were sitting up. Anyways, they finally took me to the operating room, wrapped my legs up in the stirrups, and started my IV. Or, I should say, tried to start my IV. It's interesting how even when they don't speak English, you can tell that the anesthesiologist hates your veins. So, I got stuck twice...not so bad, considering the last surgery in the states, I was stuck 5 times to start the IV. Dr. Anna came in and asked how I was feeling, and then they started the meds. I felt like my throat was getting all warm and tingly, and then I was out. Apparently it is a very short procedure (like 10 minutes), but I am glad that I was knocked out for it. So, then I rested in the cheery room with the two other women (boring...no one to talk to) until they brought Jeremy back there. I really had some bad cramping in my back, so he massaged it for a while. Dr Anna came in and said that I had 26 EGGS...holy moly!!! Then, they told me how to use the progesterone inserts, and we went back to the Uno. I really didn't feel very good when we got back here, so I took a couple Tylenol and fell back to sleep. Really, the pains that I am having are no where near as back as period pains, just annoying because they are consistent today. Tomorrow after 1pm, Zuska will call us and let us know how many eggs are fertilized and whether we will be 3-5 day transfer. Ideally, we want a 5 day transfer, as the eggs will have many cells on their own by then. Our friends found out their results today. Joy and Doug had 9 eggs retrieved, and 7 fertilized. Apparently, the #8 is the cut off for Dr. Anna with a 5 day transfer, so Joy is having her transfer on Wednesday (3 days). She is really nervous, and really wants this to work (as we all do). I just really hope that we all get pregnant with happy, healthy babies on this trip. Thanks for the comments, it made me laugh to see that some people (who shall remain nameless) actually fell for the zebra stripe joke!!

1 comment:

Anna & John said...

Wow! 26 eggs, that is alot! Didn't they just say you had a total of 20 just the other day? Well, that is awesome! And we know who you got that from, runs in the family. I guess mom will have to pass her nickname down to you, "Fertile Myrtle" Haha!Hopefully your back pains will stop soon so you can enjoy your day! But the pain is worth it as good as it is going so far! Just keep telling Jeremy to give you massages! I would milk that all I could! We can't wait to hear the results tomorrow! I know everyone's praying is paying off! Yay! Love you.