Saturday, May 24, 2008

LAZY DAY!!!

Today was SOOO lazy, which of course, drives me CRAZY. I set the alarm to take my last Puregon and antagonist shots at 8am, but then I couldn't fall back asleep for a while. Jeremy, however, slept until after noon, with no problem. We really feel like we are in a dorm here, as we leave our doors open, all squish into one room to watch movies, and share "picnic" lunches on the beds. Beds, that's another interesting experience. They are actually two twin mattresses pushed together. It's kind of nice, because when the other person moves, you don't feel it. But, no snuggling is comfortable because you are on the wood piece that divides the two mattresses. I am so glad that we came at this time of year, the weather has been great (except the cold rain). We went to dinner tonight with 3 couples from the Baltaci (two girls from Florida have already had their transfer) at Pizza Umbrella. Fabulous fried garlic mushrooms (no breading, but that made them even better), and "Hot Love"...all the girls had this (for various reasons:) . It's a hot raspberry icecream dessert- very yummy. I had to get my Hcg shot at dinner, and I have never been so nervous about taking a shot. I set the alarm on my phone, and had Cori give it to me at the girls' table. It kind of hurt, but I think it was because I was anxious by the time 8 pm rolled around. It is "the most important shot of the protocol," so I didn't want to mess anything up. Tomorrow is Joy and Cori's retrieval, so I get to sleep in. It's almost my turn, and I really hope that my eggs are big enough. The largest were 12mm on Thursday, but they are supposed to grow about 2mm a day...that should mean the largest are about 20mm on Monday morning...that would be perfect. I'm not nervous yet, but I suspect I may be tomorrow night. I'll be busy trying not to think about it. NO MORE SHOTS!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

3 comments:

Corey and Allison said...

Hey Amber-- Sorry it has taken me so long reply on your blog, but mom has caught me up because she has printed out all of your blogs and made a small presentation out of it. It does really sound like you have gone to some cool places. I laughed the most about you having to walk out bottomless at the dr. and when Jeremy's pants fell down in the rain-- that is good stuff! FYI-- Shannon had her baby Ty on Thursday-- he weighs 9 lbs. and I got to hold hime for an hour!!! I look forward to reading your next blog!
--Allison

Anna & John said...

Hey guys! So, is it tonight at 2am that they will be doing the retrieval? We will be praying for you! I am so excited and confident that this is gonna work! I read the one blog talking about how my camera didn't take very good pictures inside. SORRY! But I did warn you! My cats are all crowded around the computer while I am typing this and they want me to tell you hey! Can't wait to hear more detailed stories and see pictures when you get back! Love you.

ARTSIE said...

Hi girlfriend!
Good'ness, this trip sounds AMAZING!! How awesome is it that you can vacation (for real) AND Dr. visits!... NOW, I'm a believer! lol.

Well, you'll have to tell me about that diet Jeremy is on. Howard is telling me to take the "healthy" eating up a notch :\

The kids are all doing really good... six more days of school! Yep, their last day is June the 3rd.

Well, tomorrow is Memorial Day. Howard's family (yes, the WHOLE family) is coming over for a cook-out and pool party (they came over last week too). The weather is suppost to be a mostly sunny, warm 86'... so the pool should feel good.

Tues. afternoon, I going to be having lunch with my sisters and dad. Well, no reason really. It just sounded like fun and I haven't had a lunch with my dad (without mom) in YEARS!! That's when you realize just how quickly time goes by!! YIKES! lol. Then, Tuesday night, Howard and I are visiting/checking-in on a home-group.
...our schedule is ALWAYS crazy now.

Humm... the kids are napping. Howard is at church... I really really ENJOYED reading all your blog post!!!! You've done a GREAT job writing about all the crazy fun stuff you are getting to do. I'm really GLAD you were able to meet and hang-out with like-minded couples... sounds like it has helped to take the edge off the mental stress - a LOT.
I'm praying for you... hoping for you. I thank God for His goodness... and that He is taking care of you!...
Ok, well... I'll be checking your blog often.
Cheery-o!
consie