Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 2

Tuesday May 13th--

Today was my first appointment with Dr. Anna and the clinic. Very crowded, but we met 3 other Americans here. They are all here for IVF too. 2 girls are in their 30s and this is their 3rd try total (first here). The other couple is on their first try I think, and are in their late 40s+. The thing I like about this clinic's options is that you have so much say in your treatment. These ladies, especially the older ones, have few options in the states. Dr. Anna was very nice, and explained everything in full detail. My biggest concern is that I have not started my period, even though I quit taking birth control on Saturday morning. That's 3 days ago! It needs to start, as my FSH and LH levels are very low. Dr. Anna is not going to start treatment until I start, and wants me to come back on Thursday. I am a little worried, as I am always on time. We went to the farmer's market today and saw the beautiful produce and flowers. It's so relaxing here. No stress (except the period), you walk everywhere (including up the not-so-small hill to the Uno). I know this was the right decision for us. We went to dinner with 2 of the ladies tonight, one from Florida and one from Alaska. Had a wonderful Cashew Chicken dish...it was SOOOOO yummy. I like how restaurants do not rush you. You can sit there all night if you want. You literally had to say "u chet" to get the check brought to you. What a fun first night with Americans!!

No comments: