Sunday, May 25, 2008

time for Mama Husa to lay her eggs

Tomorrow is the day. 8am is when this Mama Husa (Mother Goose in Czech) lays her eggs. I am hoping for very good results! Joy and Cori had their retrievals today. Cori said that the meds made it the best part of the whole experience so far. Apparently it is a really good anesthesia, as she is the 3rd person to tell me that. Cori had 21 eggs, so hopefully her husband is rethinking his "all in" motto! Joy was pleasantly surprised by 9 good, plump eggs (she thought she was only going to have 8). Our motto is "It only takes one." I still don't really have any symptoms. One of the other girls summed it up best. It feels like you are constipated, but not really in pain. I guess that is probably the best way to describe my symptoms (or lack thereof). Today we went to Cori and Heath to the Husa restaurant for lunch----we are all in LOVE with their spinach mashed potatoes...YUMMY!!!! Then, we all chilled for another BORING lazy day. Ok, so I am the only one that is bored. I do not do "nothing" well. Tonight for dinner, I decided to kick it up a notch. I had zebra ribs for dinner. It was really good, except for they were black and white striped (a little to true to life for my taste). Ok, so they weren't black and white striped, and they tasted like pork ribs. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to freak some people out while they are reading this. HEE HEE!! We watched Newspring from May 18th online. Awesome sermon! It really makes me miss our church. I will say though, that throwing open our windows makes me feel close to God and his plan for us. Our view from our room makes me want to sing, "The hills are alive, with the sound of music...ahh, ahh, ah, ah." It is a fantastic view of the mountains and forests. I know that God has given us this opportunity, and I am so glad that we listened and followed. I know that this was the right decision for us, and we have been daily encouraged by our new friends here, as well as our friends and family at home. Well, enough about today. I have to leave the Uno at 7:20 tomorrow for my retrieval. I will try to get some pictures in the recovery room. If I can ever figure out how to post them online, you all can see them:)

4 comments:

mom & dad said...

hi amber and jeremy,
yes, you got me on the black and white zebra ribs, ( mom only)
you could write anything and i'd probably believe you. it sound like its pretty there and dad wished he could take me there for our 30th anniversary minus the egg retrival and transfer. we're excited for the morning, hopefully i'll sleep tonight or i hope at least that i can wake up at 2:00 a.m. for prayer and support. we love you. good results!!!!! many top grade eggs !!!! love mom and dad.

Corey and Allison said...

You got me on the black and white ribs also-- ( I had just watched a show on Oprah talking about what happens to the animals that we eat before they arrive on our plate and you made it seem so sad). Sorry you feel constipated--he,he! Does Jeremy have any sympathy symptoms? Good luck at 2:00 am with your eggs!!!
--Corey and Allison

Anna & John said...

Hey! Only 4 hours til the egg retrieval! I know you are sleeping,but John and I are about to watch a movie! I think we are going to set our alarm for 2am, so we can get up and pray for yall. The zebra ribs was pretty funny, but I like the Sound of Music part myself. I love that movie! Well, I know you are having fun and being cultured, but I thought I would tell you a story to remind you a little bit of your redneck family. Today, dad came over and him and John chained up my BIG concrete mailbox stand to dads van. And he took off down my road with the mailbox behind him!! It broke into tons of pieces! It was really loud and funny. My neighbors probably think we are wierd! Oh well though, they got the job done! Can't wait to hear about the good results!! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for some big, strong, beautiful eggs! Love you and sending lots of peaceful, positive thoughts!