Monday, May 19, 2008

Meeting the newbies

Wednesday May 14th

Today, Joy and Doug arrived at the Uno. I was really excited to meet them because of the messaging that Joy and I had been doing back and forth on ivfconnections.com. We pretty much walked around all day, and then planned to be back and the Uno when they were supposed to get there. We couldn't wait to meet them. When they were walking up the stairs, we heard English, and opened the door to introduce ourselves. They hadn't even made it into their room yet!! Anyways, we made them stay up and go to dinner with us, the ladies staying at the Baltaci, and another American couple from Kentucky. We didn't even know that the ones from Kentucky were in the room next to us!! How bad is that? Anyways, we all went to dinner at the Baltaci, and Jeremy had the "best steak of his entire life." It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. I think it is so awesome how we not only have infertility in common, but we have so many other things too. There is a girl from Florida who has endometrosis and has had 2 laproscopies like me, and she rescues bulldogs (which Jeremy loves). 2 girls are flight attendants, and the husband from Kentucky is a pilot. Joy and Doug are here because they felt this was exactly God's plan for them...and so are we. God obviously knew who we would need before we all ended up here together. I am so glad that we all are here at the same time.

No comments: