Monday, May 19, 2008

Still catching up

Thursday, May 15th

Today was my first real appointment at the clinic. Thankfully my period started late Tuesday night, but I did not have to go back until Thursday. We went to our first appt with Joy and Doug. The wait is not so bad, but it does take a while. It helps to have new people to talk to and find out about. My LH level is still low, but my FSH is still in a good range. I am going to have to take 2 shots, 200 of Puregon and 75 of Luvis once daily until the next appt. Not so bad, but Jeremy is going to have to give me the shots...I don't want to stick myself. Our first ultrasound went ok...it is totally weird though. No sheets or gowns like in the states. You just strip from the waist down, walk out into the ultrasound room and the doctor comes in. No biggie to them, but to me...a little unnerving at first. The ultrasound showed no cysts on the left ovary, and only one on the right. He is going to aspirate the cyst during retrieval...GOOD! Went for pizza tonight. We had a medium sized pizza, fries, 3 drinks and a large dessert for $15! Wow--couldn't even get just the pizza for that price in the states. We had a great time talking to everyone and hearing about their daytrips. I really am enjoying this experience so far.

No comments: