Sunday, June 1, 2008

T-12 days and counting

Well, it is June 1st, only 12 more days until we know something. Guess what day my test date should be on...Friday the 13th!!! I'm not superstitious about that, but I just think it is comical. Overall, I have had very few symptoms. Some cramping, but that is about it. My back hurts, but I think that is because Jeremy has made me lay down for the last 48 hours. Yesterday I didn't even take a shower because he didn't think I should stand that long. I know that the eggs are going to implant or not either way, but we want to know that we did everything absolutely right. I still have not tried to upload my pictures, so maybe today?! The pictures from the transfer are kind of blurry anyway...Jeremy said it all happened too fast. It didn't seem fast to me as my legs were cramping up. He was nervous, but don't tell him I told you that:) As far as meds, all I do now is take the Prednison and baby aspirin in the morning (to help the eggs to be accepted and the lining to be accepting), and then Progesterone at night. This stuff is pretty easy. Today Cori and Heath are leaving, so we went out for out "Last Supper" with them last night. The 6 of us all walked SLOOOOWLYYY! down the hill to the Baltaci to have their wonderful Tuscan soup (onions and bacon---excellente)!! I first had this soup the day before my transfer, and ever since then we have been trying to figure out if they have "to go" bowls. The verdict is probably not, and we don't know how to ask that anyways. So, I was really glad that they wanted to go there last night. We absolutely stuffed ourselves, and then went to our favorite dessert spot (Pizza u Capa) for one last fruit cocktail. The guys were sweet and called a taxi to take us girls back up the hill, but when we got to the Uno, we realized that none of us had a key. It was so nice sitting outside at the tables, that we really didn't mind. I am really going to miss all of them. It was great to have people going through the exact same things as us. Last night after dinner, we all gathered in Cori and Heath's room to watch Mission Impossible 3. All the guys were on the couch, and all of us girls were laying on the bed. Today should be interesting, as Jeremy said he is going to do all the packing. I am glad that I will have a front row seat for this, as it could be quite comical!! Tomorrow morning, ivfvacation.com is driving us to Prague, and we are spending the night before we fly home very early on Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your very personal story with us. We hope everything goes to your liking and you have a safe trip home. What is meant to be will be. Good Luck. We love you.

Rochelle and David

Anna & John said...

Awe, I love your picture you posted, those are the cutest babies I've ever seen! Hehe! I am so excited that yall are going to be home soon! Are you going to be going to your doctor in Greenville to find out the results? And do you still have to get the results twice? I can't wait to see you guys. Be careful traveling home! Love you.

mom & dad said...

hi, well i found out today i am not in good shape, like you and jeremy are. all 8 of us went hiking at yellow branch falls near wallhalla. we secretly passed amy and josh at the last 10 yards so we would not be the last ones back.
anyway, i love the pictures of the 3 babies. such a miracle "life". i am so happy that you are relaxing and that jeremy is doting on you. this has been a wonderful trip for both of you and for us. i'm praying the babies like their new temp. home and find it warm and cozy. see you tuesday at the airport. we love you, mom and dad

Corey and Allison said...

I am so glad to see the 3 babies-- Friday the 13th might be your lucky day!! It is funny that Jeremy made you lay down for that long. Not showering was probably a flashback to college years for him. I hope you enjoy your last day away from home!
--Corey and Allison

amy & josh said...

I loved the picture of the babies!! I think the one on the right looks like Jeremy. I'm anxiously awaiting your doctors appointment, which I am sure yall are. I pray that everything goes well. It is such a blessing to have made friends that could share this experience with yall. I hope yall have a sage trip back.
<3-Amy & Josh