Wednesday, June 4, 2008

PRAGUE

So, we left Zlin on Monday at 9am (1am eastern time) to have an afternoon seeing the city. Zuzka's fiance, David drove us to Prague ---if I have to go back, I am going to find stick on racing stripes for his car (he really missed his calling as a NASCAR driver)!!! The Pension we stayed at was in a good location, but it was very bland compared to the Uno. Our view was of a back alley! But, it was cheap and we didn't stay in the room. We walked from New Town (where our Pension was) to Old Town, watched the Astronomical clock go off at 2pm (the one in Olomouc is more impressive), and then caught an open air bus tour. The tour was a great idea that Jeremy had, as I am supposed to be taking it easy with not a lot of walking. We got to see just about every big sight, and they took us up to Prague Castle. They have a changing of the guard everyday at 12pm, and the two guards are stationed outside just like you see in pictures (no moving). The view from the castle is amazing over Prague---it is such a cramped city!! We loved the stained glass windows from inside St. Vitus Cathedral. They were the best we had seen the whole trip. But, the absolute best thing that we found in Prague......Dr. Pepper!! Jeremy found them at the castle concessions, and bought two. We have been here for 3 weeks, and he has been without his favorite drink until the last day! It was funny, and it made him happy. We ate dinner on the square, and watched as a band on stilts marched by...that was interesting. We also bought a cool souvenir, a marionette of Pinocchio. Now all Jeremy has to do is learn how to work it. Overall, it was a fun, but tiring day. I can say that I enjoyed the rest of the trip more. Prague is a great place to visit for a few days, but I really liked the slower pace of the rest of Czech more.

2 comments:

amy & josh said...

I bet Jeremy flipped when he saw the Dr. Pepper! That's funny...such an addict!(j/k)

mom & dad said...

well amber i hope you get rested up. make sure you set your "astronomical" clock alarm. love dad