Thursday, May 29, 2008

5 minutes

How much of a difference can 5 minutes make??? A LOT!!!! Jeremy and I missed the first bus to the train station by 5 minutes, which arrived at the train station 5 minutes after the train left. After we sat for one hour, we took a longer train route to get to Otrokovice (only one available), and arrive 5 minutes after our bus left to go to Litovel. So, we left at 9:20 and our 2 hour +/- trip took almost 5 hours. Thankfully, when we got to Bouzov Castle, we were able to catch the last tour of the day. It is a very cool castle, with 3 drawbridges and 2 (no longer in use) moats. Apparently this castle has been around since the 13th century...we got some great pictures. Maybe after my transfer I will learn how to post pictures to my blog. Speaking of transfers, we were told on Tuesday that our transfer would have to be on Friday (a 4 day transfer) because the clinic is closed this weekend. Needless to say, this really ticked me off, because the doctor told me on Monday that my eggs looked great and he recommended a 5-6 day transfer (Saturday or Sunday). Jeremy and I called Craig (ivfvacation.com), and he called the clinic for us. Apparently the head doctor is having a conference this weekend that everyone from the clinic is supposed to attend. Craig did call me back and say that we would go on Friday, planning for the transfer, and we could talk to the embryologist and doctor to discuss either Friday or Sunday for transfer. I am glad that we have someone to work for us on that end, as this is when a language barrier could be a problem. I understand that in the US, most clinics do 3 day transfers, and that most Czech women have 3 day transfers...but I also know that your chances for putting the best back in are greater with a 5 -6 day transfer. It seems to me that is I have these "great eggs", we would want to see which are really the BEST. We are also trying to nail down how many we are going to transfer. If is is on Friday, we will do 3. If it is on Sunday, we are still leaning towards 3, but are not as solid on that decision. Please pray that we have the best transfer possible and that I will be able to stay in the bed afterwards .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sitting on pins and needles all day waiting for an update! How many eggs fertilized? Are they growing good...man I am so nervous! I just know whatever day the transfer ends up being done will be the right thing!
Fingers crossed-
Roni

mom & dad said...

Hi,
We can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories in more detail. We are praying for you both and the doctors that the right transfer day will be chosen. God only knows the exact day that is perfect for you. Those eggs may be at the best developemental stage now. Call or write on Friday to keep us informed.

We love you both-
Mom & Dad

Anna & John said...

I want to go explore that castle! That sounds awesome, and I bet very beautiful! Well, please let us know as soon as possible what the doctors decide to do. I know they will choose the right day, because God is in control! God can make it work after 3,4,or 5 days! He is that BIG! I can't wait til you guys get back here and we can see all of your pictures! Well, if tomorrow is the transfer day, make sure Jeremy or you get on here and let us know! Love you and miss you! We are praying for success x2! (twins)
Love, Anna and John

Rie said...

Whoaaaaaa! Slow down! Ok you guys... you gotta be still long enough to make this happen! LOL Amber, honey, you have my heart racin' with your VERY vivid stories of your past few days! I am plumb out of breath from runnin' with Jeremy to the ATM machine lol. So how about sittin' still for a few days so ya' can get those babies planted and growin'???

For the record... I am sending ***PINK*** vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~
We need some little girls in this family to balance it out a little bit.

Love ya'll!

Rie and "Princess" Hanna,( oh excuse me, today she is Hannah Montana)

amy & josh said...

this castle almost sounds as good as cinderella's castle, i'll have to compare the pictures to see which is better. I glad to yall stood up for yourselves. If the transfer is on Friday at least you'll get a few extra days of rest before your flight back. I wish that I had access to the internet while we were in NYC. I feel out of the loop, even though anna and mom have been keeping me updated. Josh and I are praying that the transfer will be a success!
<3-Amy & Josh