Tuesday, October 28, 2008
24 weeks!
Well, they are officially viable. Meaning, that if they were born now, they would probably live. I know that sounds pretty morbid, but it is important to a pregnant woman. Each week is important. Only about 12 more weeks until they will be born! Yikes...that's not much time. We went for our ultrasound on Monday, and both babies are doing great. They are growing like they would if they were the only one in there. Graycen was 1lb 8oz (up 8oz in 3 weeks)! Gabe did not want to be outdone by his sister, so he was 1lb 15oz (up 13 oz in 3 weeks)! Now, I understand that ultrasounds aren't always 100% accurate, but all their measurements were good too. They seem as happy as little clams in there. We got to see them kicking each other, and because they are facing opposite directions (she is head down, he is feet down), in a few pictures, they looked like they were kissing each other's rear ends! No more passing out scares for me, and I have gained another 5.5 lbs in 3 weeks. Getting on up there!! Of course, like I said before, this is the one time in your life when people lie and say how great you look, and you know they are lying, and you don't care at all! Pregnant women need compliments! Anyways, back to the ultrasound news...it was all great news until they measured my cervix. Last time it was at 4cm, but this time is was down to 2.88cm with tunneling?! So, my doctor is letting me work 4-6 hours a day, but said that next appt (Nov 17th) he will probably pull me out of work completely. That's really scary for me, because I think the last time I worked that little was in high school. It's also scary because if I go out then, I have 9 weeks of FMLA left...and that is about 9 weeks from the babies' expected delivery date. So, that's how long I will have insurance. That's scary. But, I know that God is providing, because it could have been now that I had to go out, and then I wouldn't have insurance when they are born. Today begins the hardest chapter of this pregnancy so far...the wait. Up until now, I have been busy enough to not think about the wait, but now I will have plenty of time to think about it. Also, I can't do any housework and have to lay/sit down as much as possible...that's going to be very hard for me. I'm not sure exactly what to ask for prayer about right now, except that these babies stay put for at least 12 more weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Amber and Jeremy...I am soo sorry to have missed out on all that fun. I am so appreciative for the photo album online as well as this blog. It really gives me a sense of being in touch...And Amber YOU DO LOOK BEAUTIFUL AND IT'S NO LIE. IN ADDITION, SEEING ALL OF THOSE SMILES SAYS IT ALL. May you have good health and have all of the provisions you need plus an abundance of more. Wishing you the very best.
You do look great Amber and no one could even tell there are 2 in there! I'll be praying these 12 weeks will go by quickly for you. Get some good books to read. It will be a long time before you get to enjoy an adult book again :) Harrison was due on Oct. 6th and I had insurance until Sept. 30th (the day he was born!) God knows and will always provide for your needs!
Post a Comment