Tuesday, October 28, 2008
BABY SHOWER!!!
Sunday we had our first baby shower, and let me tell you, these babies racked up!! It was a super cute shower at my sister Anna's house. It was really decorated in a baby theme (way better job than I would have done). We even had a diaper cake and "baby bottle" cookies with their initials monogrammed on them! Lots of old friends showed up, including my old college roommate from Atlanta!! We got such great gifts for the babies too. I think one of the best things was that so many of them have babies already, so they bought what I would need, not necessarily what I "naively" registered for, (ie---a different bath tub). I'm glad, because I would rather learn from them than learn the hard way! A friend from Colorado sent us piggy banks for the babies. Gabe's is wearing a baseball cap and has "stitching" on his sides, and Graycen's is a ballerina with a tiara. They were really the hit of the shower! It's hard to pick any favorites, because they were all so good. Some were very practical (thank you so much!), and some were more for fun and decoration. Our nursery theme is "Vintage Pinocchio and Snow White"---otherwise known as "good luck finding any of that!!" My parents did give us a Snow White lamp that my mom found at a consignment sale and a Pinocchio lamp that my dad MADE for us! They are super cute, and will really tie together our nursery (when we have one!) Anyways, it was the most fun I've had so far being pregnant! Thanks girls for coming, and thanks to everyone who sent a gift! We are already grateful for your friendship, so thanks extra for caring about our babies too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment