Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tomorrow's the Day

Tomorrow I will be going to have my first beta test tomorrow afternoon. I really wish that I was getting the results tomorrow, but I guess I will be waiting until the nurse calls me with the results (hopefully on Thursday, but it may not be until Friday). I am feeling kind of crampy, so I hope that is a good sign. We will see. My friend Joy went and had her first beta yesterday...she had a positive, high beta number. I am quite busy trying to catch up at work, so thankfully I don't have much time to think about it. The best part of today was that another Divisional Vice President from the west asked if I was interested in managing a 3 million dollar store (bigger than mine), but its in Tucson, AZ. I definitely am not interested, but I was really flattered that he thought of me. Quite honestly, I didn't even know that he knew my name. So, that was the best part of my day. Telling an office associate that I am going to have to eliminate her position to realign my store with the store model...not fun. I hate that part of the job. My regional manager told me that she feels sorry for me because of the difficulties that my store keeps throwing up in my face. It is really hard sometimes, but I am the manager. Therefore, get on my side (and the company's side)...or get a new job. Easy enough, right?! Let 's hope so. It should be an interesting next few months. Hopefully it will not be too stressful. Anyway, back to betas...I will post as soon as I know, as I know that you all are dying to know. Trust me, I am dying to know also. Joy and Cori think that I have a strong will to not have tested yet. In reality, I like thinking that it will be positive, and not having to know the reality in case it is negative. I am kind of excited about the test, but also dreading it at the same time. Tomorrow is it...no more fantasizing and dreaming about what will be. Tomorrow is the cold, hard truth. Let's just hope and pray that the cold hard truth is HAPPY!!!!!

3 comments:

Anna & John said...

I am glad you said NO to Arizona! That would be way too far, but that is cool that he wanted you for the position! I can't wait to hear the blood results! I hope they call you tomorrow! I am praying!

Cassie said...

We are praying hard!!!!

Very cool about your job offer too! I hope they will find you one back in SC though :)

amy & josh said...

wow amber, that is such a compliment to be considered for such a big job, I am happy to hear that you are not taking it. We are still holding out that yall will move back here. anyway, we continue to pray for yall and we are anxoiusly waiting to hear the news!