Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Home at last

Well, we left our Pension at 4:30am to get to the airport. Our driver was really great, he basically gave us a mini tour on the way to the airport, and he carried our bags inside. The plane ride was pretty non-eventful. We had hope to ride first class from Frankfurt to Charlotte, as Heath had used his non-rev for us. But, when we got there, it had filled up..oh well! The ride seemed a lot shorter/better than last time. Not much sleep again though. We also didn't sleep well in Prague, as we realized that we did not have a reliable alarm. We had one that we thought worked, but I woke up at 1am, and it was apparently losing time (it said it was 11:30pm). Smooth flights though, and when we got to Charlotte, only one of our 4 bags was missing. It was kind of funny though, because it was the one I took as a carry on on the way out there. We checked it this time because the wheel thumped as you rolled it. Hopefully we will get it back soon!! It has my medical records, some souvenirs, DVDs, and toiletries in there. My mom and dad were waiting for us at the airport, and had written on a index card "Ford, Party of 5? or 8?" It was pretty cute, but I sure do hope it's not party of 8!!! Yikes!!! Still feeling good, just some crampiness every once in a while. I don't had to work until Thursday, so I get to relax for one day. I am very cautiously hopeful that this has worked this time!!!! Thanks for all of your continued prayers and support.

4 comments:

mom & dad said...

we were so glad we picked you up at the airport. the name sign was a last minute decision ( you know if we have a lot of time on our hands we can come up with lots of ideas) we had fun hold it up like the professionals. our timing was a little off, cause ya'll saw us first. anyway, we loved the pictures. you had a lot of beautiful scenery shots. can't wait to see them again. can't wait to see ya'll again. hope you caught up on your sleep. love ya'll, mom and dad

Rie said...

Sorry to hear about your bag and the souveniers (sp), but I am praying more for the three special souveniers that you brought back! Hopefully, we can buy at least one onesie in the upcoming months that says "My mom and dad went on a vacation and all they brought back home was ME"

Corey and Allison said...

I am sorry i have not gotten a chance to call you since you have been back, but soon. You will be a good mom since you are already laughing at mom's dorky jokes about party of 5? or 8? I heard from Anna that you will be here not next Monday, but the following Monday and Tuesday for your results. I cannot wait to see you and look forward to this outcome.

Anna & John said...

Hey Amber! I hope your first day back at work wasn't too rough! I know after you have been off for so long, it stinks going back! I can't wait til you and Jeremy come to Greenville! I want to see all of your pictures, mom said she loves the one of Jeremy kissing his Dr. Peppers! Hehe! I love Dr. Pepper too! Well, I am still praying for yall everyday! Can't wait to see you soon! Love you.