I thought Cassie's comment was a good idea, so here is the reason we chose our babies' names.
We chose Gabriel Blake for our son about 10 years ago when we watched the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger. That was Heath Ledger's name in the movie. We both have always liked the name since then, and Jeremy really liked Blake (but it was never my favorite), so we decided it sounded good as a middle name.
We chose Graycen Rose for our daughter because it is "sort of" a family name. Gray is my mom's maiden name, but you can't really name a baby Gray..kind of somber. We picked the "cen" on the end of the spelling because it seemed more "girly." As for Rose, I have always liked it as a middle name. We have also always liked this name.
It's funny because if they had been two of the same sex, they would not have both had "G" names. We are not into "matchy-matchy" names, but it just worked out that way. We also had these names picked out before we even started trying to get pregnant, so at least for the last 4 years! So, that's where we got the names from! Glad you like them!! We hope Gabe and Graycen do too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think they are great names! I love that they both start with G but are not too matchy matchy like you said!
Thanks for filling us in on their names!
I came across your blog - a friend of a friend of a friend. But I had to comment on your babies names, I love them - especially Gabriel. Simply because I gave birth to our second son in July and we struggled for over 6 months of a name for this baby - we couldn't come up with anything to go with his older brother's name - Grant. Finally 8 weeks before I had our son we agreed on Gabriel and we call him Gabe as well. Gabriel is an amazing name and I hope your precious babies are as much a blessing to you as ours have been to us!
Post a Comment