Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Last Christmas without babies

It's been a strange Christmas season for me anyway. This is the first time in about 10 years that I haven't worked retail during Christmas season. It's weird to actually be able to stop and enjoy the season. This is also the last Christmas that we will be without babies, which means that it is probably the last year that it will not be "all about the kids." It's been an interesting Christmas, as I find myself thinking, "I don't really need that," or "I'd rather spend that money on something for the babies." I am just VERY GRATEFUL that this pregnancy has been so incredibly easy. At our appt on Monday, they didn't measure the babies, but we did get to see that Graycen has some "peach fuzz" on her head...which is still smashing on my cervix. My cervix is now measuring at 1cm, so it is still holding, but I need to make sure to stick to my "couch arrest" restrictions. Jeremy and I are housesitting/dogsitting for some of our friends who went out of town for Christmas, so I have been just laying on their couch, watching TV and reading different twin forums on the internet. Their dog either loves us, or is incredibly bored with us. I can't really tell, but she is being really good. I am just constantly amazed at how little we actually need and how much God has provided for us, especially recently. We are still waiting for the perfect job for Jeremy, but he does have a good lead. I am praying that it will be a job that he will enjoy, if it is the right job. Mostly, we are just hoping and praying that the babies stay put until at least January 22nd. Merry Christmas to all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you and Jeremy are being given the opportunity to rest and knowing that you are provided for. How wonderful it is that you have a strong family base to lean upon...that you are able to receive with genuine appreciation and that your family is blessed with giving fully and gladly. I hope that you and yours have a happy holiday season. Good luck. We love you.