Sunday, December 14, 2008

31 weeks and counting

So, today we have made it to 31 weeks. The babies are kicking up a storm, especially this morning in church. Apparently they really like to listen to Perry preach. Jeremy and I had our picture taken at church this morning in front of the fireplace they have set up for Christmas. I hope it looks cute, so I can post it online. It was quite a busy week this week, so I didn't really have a lot of time to be bored. Jeremy is still looking for a great job, and we are trying not to be anxious about it. God has his own timetable for everything, and we are trusting in that. It just seems like God worked out everything to bring us back home to Greenville, so we are hoping/trusting that he will work out the job situation so we can stay here after the babies are born. Yesterday, we did an inventory of our baby supplies to see what we may still need. Not too much, which is great. It was kind of surprising that we needed anything at all, as it seems that we have TONS of stuff. So, we are going to use our gift cards and get our final few things we need. I went to my first Moms of Multiples meeting on Thursday night. Actually, it wasn't a meeting, but it was their Christmas party. They didn't have a meeting in December, so I figured I better get to the party if I wanted to meet anyone before the babies are born. There were about 30 women there, who all already have twins. So.....I got a lot of advice. One lady said that they used 7000 (that's right, seven THOUSAND) diapers in the first year with her twin boys. YIKES! That's like a full time job, just changing babies! It was really nice to meet all these women who have already been where I have been. However, NO ONE there had had IVF in a foreign country. I got a few wide-eyed looks, but they all thought it was pretty interesting. Anyways, enough rambling for one day. Keep praying for the babies and their parents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ramble on please...it is like you are sitting in front of me talking. Your accounts are so vivid it is almost like I slip myself into your shoes for a while. Thanks for being so well intentioned...it makes me feel worry free about any and everything you do. I hope the very best for you. Continue to do well. Much love to you and yours.