Thursday, March 26, 2009
scheduling
So, I decided that I need to try this Babywise stuff (eat/wake/nap). Well, it isn't easy. I thought it would be easy as the babies are already eating every 3 hours, so I should be able to just add a nap and playtime into those 3 hours. Easier said than done. The first day I tried, they both cried the entire 1 1/2 hours of naptime. The book says that if they cry excessively (to me over 15 minutes), you can pat them or give them a paci or rock them. I tried that, but they were not comforted. So, then yesterday I tried putting them in the crib after they fall asleep, so they at least get used to napping in the crib. It worked better, but still is not easy or fun. I'm not sure that they need to sleep after every feeding. I put them in their bouncies after they eat, and then usually one or both of them drift off to sleep. Usually once a day, I let them nap on their bellies on a blanket on the floor. It just seems like they're not tired enough to sleep after each feeding. So, I am unsure what to do. I do want them to be good sleepers, and sleep through the night, but I am unsure if I am starting too early, not being strict enough, being too strict, etc... My mom didn't follow any books when I was little, and she said I slept fine. I would just like them napping on the same schedule so I could shower, exercise, etc when they are both asleep during the day. I may try to read some other baby books to see if I like any other philosophies better than Babywise. I am open to suggestions, and have posted this on my MOM's site for the other twin moms to reply. It's a mixed bag so far. I'm not comfortable with the "cry it out" method for 11 week olds (5 weeks adjusted age). It just seems too harsh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
harrison's schedule seemed to change so much so I just tried to make sure that he ate/played/slept throughout the day. Once he got older 6-8 months (i think) he wasn't needing to sleep so much and it was a lot easier to schedule him then. With 2 though I am sure it would be nice for them to be on the same schedule. I'm sure you are doing a great job - just keep trying - things will change everyday!
Post a Comment